Tuesday, November 29, 2011

I plan and I try......

I plan and I try all year to get to November and December and there not be chaos.... well.....WHATEVER! :) it doesn't matter - it's still all out chaos and bedlam! I THOUGHT this year would be easier (of course that was BEFORE there was a November wedding!). Kade had already said he didn't want to be in the Christmas program at church so I thought, "Hmmmm, no weekly practice, no more preparation...." Guess what! STILL.CHAOTIC.AT.MY.HOUSE!!!

Thanksgiving was good. Great times with family. No need to do a thankful post. I thank God every.day.of.my.life for what he has given me. HE is the one that provides and blesses me daily. And even though I will never begin to be able to repay him for the the blessings he gives, I still tell him very often! And if anyone ever wants to talk about God's miracles and his awesome mercy, call me. I have amazing stories to share! Several people have told me I needed to write a book and classify it as a spiritual romance novel. I see it on the best-seller list in my mind. :)

Didn't do the Black Friday shopping this time. Man, I am OLD! :) Lee and I decided it was worth the extra money we were going to have to pay to get the items we needed, without the stress of Black Friday! That's all I needed to know - I was good with that. Of course, since he is a Store Manager for Lowes - I was still up at 2:30 a.m. helping get him off to work. But then I got to sleep for a while longer!

Of course we watched the ballgame. Or I PARTIALLY watched the game. Didn't keep my interest for very long. Roll Tide!

I now have seven Christmas trees up! Only one left that I'm still working on and thinking of adding a new one to my repertoire. We are hosting the church "middle-age" group Christmas party this year. I had said I wasn't putting them all up..... (enter MORE chaos here....)

Last night (Monday) the great ladies at Higdon were giving Kylee and Lauren (engaged to Kyle Young) a "necessities" shower/party (soap, lotions, etc.). So Melia and I went. Of course I had to leave straight from work and I ended up having to work over and it was raining/snowing. But we made it! It was a GREAT shower. Kylee shouldn't have to go to the store for a year! lol. I was thinking maybe I needed one of those! :)

Kylee had set her tree up a few days back. But it was just sitting there, waiting on Mom to help decorate it.... so after the shower me and Melia ran to Kylee's and went to work in a wild, rush, it's-snowing-and-we-are-on-this-mountain, frenzy! Erik was amazed. ha. We decorated that tree in record time - and low and behold, she has a gorgeous tree! I told her it looked like something from Trees and Trends! None of MY trees look that good!! We helped her put the rest of her Christmas decor out and then we took off for home. Got home at 11:15ish. Overslept this morning. Kade missed the bus. Had to take him all the way to Gurley. Was VERY late for work. Ugh! But just to add some Christmas cheer....here's KYLEE'S tree! I haven't even made pictures of my my own yet! (And excuse the poor iPhone quality picture!) :)

Tis the Season!!

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

MARTY seven trees!!! And you wonder where the stress comes from LOL!! I can't wait to see them! I love Kylee's!!

Shelby Baker said...

I LOVE her color scheme!

The Brewer FireFighters said...

love it! looks fun!! maybe i need to have you and melia decorate mine!

Devan said...

You should have told me you guys we're coming up I would have gladly let you stop by mine (: lol You are so creative!!